Educator / Student Account Questions
1.What is the age range for Hopscotch?
Hopscotch is designed for young people ages 7-13, but anyone who wants to make their own software can use it.
We have teachers using it with 18 year-olds in their AP Statistics classes (one wrote a textbook), and professors using it with college students to introduce computer programming concepts.
2. What platforms I can use Hopscotch on?
Currently, you can use Hopscotch on iPads and iPhones. Not on Android devices or in browsers yet.
3. Is Hopscotch free to use for teachers?
You can have a great experience with the free version of Hopscotch however, there is a paid version for more in-depth features. For more information please write to us at email@example.com.
4. Is there a limit to how many students or classrooms I can create in the teacher dashboard?
No, you can have as many student accounts as you need.
5. Where can I see the projects my students published?
You can see them in the app in the section called “My Classroom”.
6. I accidentally signed up for a Parent account. How can I sign up for the teacher dashboard?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help to transfer your account.
7. Can my students play at home using their school account?
Sure, they can use their student Hopscotch accounts at home.
8. Where I can learn more about coding with Hopscotch?
Please check our help docs here: https://hopscotch.helpscoutdocs.com/
9. I’m getting an SSl Error.
It sounds like Hopscotch might be blocked by your school's firewall.
Please make sure that the following URLs are allowed:
10. HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH IF I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION?
Email us: email@example.com
Feedback of any kind welcome. We love hearing from our users.