1.WHAT IS THE AGE RANGE FOR HOPSCOTCH?
Hopscotch is designed for young people ages 7-13, but anyone who wants to make their own software can use it.
We have teachers using it with 18 year-olds in their AP Statistics classes (one wrote a textbook), and professors using it with college students to introduce computer programming concepts.
2. WHAT PLATFORMS I CAN USE HOPSCOTCH ON?
Currently, you can use Hopscotch on iPads and iPhones. Not on Android devices or in browsers yet.
3. IS HOPSCOTCH FREE TO USE FOR TEACHERS?
Educators have access to a free version of Hopscotch which allows their students full use of the open-ended Hopscotch editor, and unlimited drafts of projects. Curriculum guide here. Fill out our form online to get a class roster with logins and passwords.
4. WHAT IS IN THE PAID TEACHER VERSION OF HOPSCOTCH?
To get the full Hopscotch experience, we recommend you upgrade to our paid version (at a substantial discount to list price).
The paid version includes:
Access to the full library of 60+ hours of self-paced coding tutorials; great for differentiated learning.
Ability to import custom art and images; great for using Hopscotch in disciplines outside of technology class.
Ability to generate custom names and passwords
A teacher dashboard to view and control student accounts, which means easier control of classrooms.
For more info, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. WHERE CAN I SEE THE PROJECTS MY STUDENTS PUBLISHED?
You can see them in the app in the section called “My Classroom”.
6. I ACCIDENTALLY SIGNED UP FOR A PARENT ACCOUNT. HOW CAN I SIGN UP FOR THE TEACHER DASHBOARD?
Contact us at email@example.com and we’ll help to transfer your account.
7. CAN MY STUDENTS PLAY AT HOME USING THEIR SCHOOL ACCOUNT?
Sure, they can use their student Hopscotch accounts at home.
8. WHERE I CAN LEARN MORE ABOUT CODING WITH HOPSCOTCH?
Please check our help docs here: https://hopscotch.helpscoutdocs.com/
9. I’M GETTING AN SSL ERROR.
It sounds like Hopscotch might be blocked by your school's firewall.
Please make sure that the following URLs are allowed:
10. HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH IF I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback of any kind welcome. We love hearing from our users.